Visual Editing Tool for Struts
Create and manage visual models of web application workflows using Microsoft® Visio®, a powerful Add-In and a collection of Apache Struts stencil shapes.
StrutsGUI is a utility that extends the functionality of Microsoft® Visio® allowing you to create visual workflow diagrams of an Apache Struts based web applications. StrutsGUI diagrams help you flesh out your detailed design and enhance your documentation. They become the focus point of your development team, ease project hand-overs and simplify application maintenance.
And for all you developers, with just a single mouse click, StrutsGUI automatically generates your Struts config XML files!
Am I talking rubbish? Probably. But as a project manager / Java web developer, can you afford not to listen? Probably not - so read on...
- Struts Config XML Generation
- No more maintenance issues
- Detailed Diagram Warnings
- Track down diagram inconsistencies
- Reverse Engineering Wizard
- Convert existing Struts XML files into StrutsGUI diagrams
- Example Workflow Diagrams
- Essential quick start guides
- Upgrade Diagram Wizard
- Reuse diagrams from older versions of StrutsGUI
- Integrated HTML Help
- Gain instant help on any StrutsGUI shape
For a simple authentication example, your StrutsGUI workflow diagram may look like this. (Screenshot taken from Visio).
From this diagram, StrutsGUI automatically generates the struts-config.xml file. The sample XML generated from the above workflow is given below.
The above example, and a workflow for the Struts Mail Reader Demo are both available in the standard StrutsGUI install.